Your Google Street View shoot is scheduled! Wondering what needs to be done to get prepared? In a 360° shoot, nearly everything is visible to the camera, from floor to ceiling. This means taking a fresh look at your surroundings and checking off a few small details. Don't worry, it should only only take about 10 minutes to do. This post outlines a few tips to make sure your business is ready for the Street View cameras to roll.
- De-clutter and re-arrange to make rooms appear larger
- Sweep or vacuum floors, carpets, and staircases
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs
- Remove posters and signage that may be date specific, or that you don't want to appear in the tour (promotional, sales, etc.)
- Tidy up front reception / checkout areas (hide paperwork, cords, sign-in books, and clutter).
- Ensure electrical, telephone and cable wires are hidden or barely visible
- Store away unnecessary electronics and appliances (ignore if they are important to your business)
- Remove any personal photos that you don't want visible in the tour
- Clean windows and glass partition walls
- Set up TV/computer screens with your business logo or website (either by accessing your website or with a USB key)
- Ensure windows and reflective surfaces on the property are polished
- On the exterior of the property ensure all clutter is removed or hidden away, including garbage cans, bins and other distractions
- Hotels: for all bedrooms, use crisp linens and pillow cases, and keep end tables free of clutter
- Offices/workspaces: ensure desks are cleared of all sensitive documents and kept neat and clutter-free
When we're on site, we'll do a walk through to ensure that things are in good shape before filming. See, that wasn't so tough!